Sprinkler System Check, Sugar Land, Texas
With the summer heat right around the corner, there is no better time than now to get your automatic sprinkler system checked! You want to make sure that your irrigation system is in tip-top shape to keep your lawn and gardens healthy all through the summer season. It only takes one broken sprinkler head to start wasting water and keep your irrigation system from working like it's supposed to.
There are steps that are important to follow when starting up your sprinkler system again after the winter season. In order to prevent any future issues, you should do the following:
- Check the soil beneath your landscape to ensure that it has thawed enough and won't damage the pipes when you turn your system on for the first time.
- Make sure that your main controller is working and set to the right date and time to ensure that your watering schedule can get back on track.
- Clear away anything that may be covering up the spray heads from working properly, including rocks and dirt.
- Replace any broken or missing sprinkler heads that may have been damaged by lawn mowers or normal wear and tear.
- Inspect the control valves to make sure there are no leaks that could result in a lawn that isn't evenly watered or a higher water bill.
- Examine the water pressure to make sure that it is at a good level that won't bust your pipes or valves.
Getting this service done in the spring is the most efficient way to guarantee that your sprinkler system is working the way that it should. It will also give you peace of mind that you won't have any problems with it breaking at the time you need it most. Give our team at Southwest Irrigation Systems a call to schedule your sprinkle system check today!